Development and Marketing Specialist Wanted
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
Responsible for advancing the mission of Communities In Schools of Southwest Virginia (CIS of SWVA) through fund development and brand awareness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing / Brand Awareness
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and monitor strategic marketing initiatives to improve brand awareness.
- Develop, implement, and track marketing programs such as email, social media, or digital campaigns, and events.
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns.
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Develop and create marketing materials and ensure brand guidelines are followed by organization.
- Write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across different mediums.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute marketing programs as needed and required.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. Other duties may be assigned by Executive Director as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experienced professional, capable of increasing philanthropic support from a variety of funding sources.
- Result-oriented with a strategic approach to fundraising and problem solving.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with income-based metrics.
- Ability to raise a minimum of $30,000 in Year 1; expectations will increase incrementally each year up to an annual goal of $100,000.00.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, website/social media and data management.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, enthusiastic, self-directed, and energetic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals, and governmental regulations. Ability to write and edit reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public, orally and in writing. Ability to speak effectively to guest, candidates or employees of the organization.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
The position is located at the main office. Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality are required.
- Other duties within the scope of the employee’s skills and abilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Criminal background check required.
$35,000 – $45,000 annually