Developmental Relationships Training Workshop
Join us for a workshop featuring Developmental Relationships and how to create connections that help kids THRIVE, presented by the Search Institute and brought to you by F.I.S.H. Ministries and Communities In Schools of Southwest Virginia.
Relationships are critical to young people’s development and their ability to overcome adversity and trauma and be resilient. But too often we see relationships as too soft, too ambiguous or too time-consuming to be the foundation for intentional planning, measurement, and learning.
Need to register multiple people? Email Alex Littleton at email@example.com to get a code for your organization to use.
Registration will close June 10th
Search Institute’s current research focuses on articulating what young people need in developmental relationships in order to THRIVE. These are trustworthy, purposeful relationships that help young people…
· Discover who they are.
· Cultivate the abilities needed for them to shape their own lives.
· Learn how to engage with and contribute to the world around them.
Led by Karen Woodward from the Search Institute, participants will:
· Reflect on the things they currently do – and can start doing – to build strong relationships with young people.
· Review findings from studies at Search Institute and elsewhere that demonstrate the connections between strong relationships and strong youth outcomes.
· Understand how developmental relationships build upon Search Institute’s longstanding research on Developmental Assets
· Consider and discuss the ways that developmental relationships help young people learn to strive to be their best.
· Analyze the five core components of Search Institutes’ Developmental Relationships Framework and identify ways to integrate concepts into their ongoing work with young people.
Developmental Relationships Training WorkshopAlex Littleton